2 INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to: • Provide, operate, and maintain our website • Get statistical overview over where the users of the website is located • Improve, personalize, and expand our website • Understand and analyze how you use our website • Develop new products, services, features, and functionality • Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes • Send you emails • Find and prevent fraud
4 INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES
4.1 LOG FILES
Burts.no follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as part of the hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
4.2 COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
Like any other website, Burts.no uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information. As part of this, certain decisions as to what content you will see on our website will be automated based on the information we collect. For more general information on cookies, please read What Are Cookies?
4.3 HOSTING SERVICE
4.4 GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Like many other websites, we use Google Analytics on Burts.no. Google Analytics collects information from your use of the website by using different types of cookies. Generally, the purpose of our use of Google Analytics is to improve the website, as well as understanding our users’ preferences and geographically location.
The details in the type and amount of information collected by Google Analytics changes almost every day. If you want a detailed overview over all the information gathered from your specific use, please contact us.
The most personal information gathered with Google Analytics is normally your IP address. You can be confident that your IP address is always anonymized on our website.
You can read more about how Google continuously is working to comply with EU privacy regulations here.
4.5 FACEBOOK PIXEL
Our website is also connected to Facebook pixel. We use Facebook pixel to get information about our users’ preferences, as well as providing insights to our Facebook advertising.
Our website is connected to a service called Elfsight, which we use to connect our website to other online services like Instagram. Elfsight collects information about your use of the website as described here.
4.7 OTHER THIRD PARTY SERVICES
5 ADVERTISING PARTNERS
We do not show ads from third party vendors on our website. We may use information gathered through the third-party services connected to our website to advertise on other channels, like social media and other websites.
6 THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
7 INFORMATION STORING AND RETENTION
All personal information collected through our website is stored on the servers of the third parties using cookies on our website. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of the third party service providers described herein for more details. Booth we and our service providers may move your information to another country within the EEA without notice. Before moving your information to a country outside the EEA, we will either delete your information or notify you. Please note that the information collected by Webflow is already stored on servers in the US. The information collected through your use of the website will be stored for as long as it is needed for its intended use. Generally, all your information will be kept for a maximum of six (6) months before it will be automatically deleted. Exceptions will apply for information kept for statistical purposes, and for information needed to continue our services to you, e.g. newsletters etc. which you have subscribed to.
8 GDPR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
• The right to access: You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
• The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also. have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
• The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
• The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
• The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
• The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
• The right to file a complaint: You have the right to file a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information to the relevant data protection authority. As we reside in Norway, such complaints should be submitted to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet). If you make a request to us, we will respond within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
9 CHILDREN'S INFORMATION
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Burts.no does not knowingly collect any personal identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our records.